Thank you for supporting your
Local Council and WORD with Membership!
Membership Tips & Helpful Hints:
1. Plan your programs for the year and list the calendar of events in your membership brochure.
2. Give contact numbers for officers.
3. Take local/WORD brochures to meetings and classes to give to potential members. Follow up with a phone call.
4. Host a breakfast for administrators, supervisors, and reading specialists.
5. Send brochures, publicity mailings and announcements for programs to a wide range of potential members.
Ideas for Increasing Participation
in Local Events and Membership
Membership Chair Task for a Successful Year
|August/September||Launch your Membership Kick-Off as planned- GOOD LUCK!|
|October||If previous members haven’t renewed by October 15, personal contact would be beneficial.|
|November||Review Membership list for your local council (Provided by C-Vent and WORD Membership Chair)|
|December 1st||Deadline for confirming Membership list is accurate and not in need of revisions|
|January||*Depending on C-vent, Membership Bill may be sent at this time.|
|March||Confirm Membership list and communicate with WORD Membership Chair|
|IRA Membership Support Tools|
To protect members’ confidentiality, WORD and IRA policy dictates that no membership list or information is shared with any outside entity.